Stainless Steel Exhaust System Solution
Seminis is known for developing, patenting, and distributing premium vegetable seeds throughout the world. In this California facility, an outdoor processing area was in need of better exhaust and circulation.
The outdoor area was covered by high roof extension to the main distribution facility. Seminis needed a better way to handle the fumes associated with the processes conducted in this part of the plant. In addition, they knew that any solution would require stainless steel construction – to protect the new infrastructure from the environment and ensure maximum ROI.
BMI worked with the design team at Monsanto to develop a custom and complex exhaust system, from concept to detailed design. BMI’s engineers took into account the customer’s needs, the unique environmental conditions, as well as budget and timeline factors to craft the perfect solution. In addition, BMI worked with the local municipality to completely handle the plan check and permitting process.
The entire process, from design to the expert installation, was self-performed by BMI. And their flexibility in coordination and scheduling meant that Seminis didn’t lose one hour of valuable production time in the affected area.
Design, provide, and install a stainless steel exhaust system, capable of meeting air quality needs for a production area with harsh chemical fumes.
- Professional design and layout from concept to detailed mechanical drawings.
- Close dealings with city to complete plan check and permitting process.
- After-hours installation
- Customer’s desired air quality and circulation objectives were reached.
- Clean design and premium materials give customer a system that will offer lasting performance.
- Zero impact to production by coordinating a flexible installation schedule.